Thursday, November 29, 2007

I've been Pink'd!

So I'm not even at day care a full week and already I'm hit with a communicable disease. Mommy & Daddy put me to sleep last night just fine, I woke up this morning, no problem, then BAM! around noon today the lady at the daycare called Mommy at work to say I had a little gunk in my right peeper. It got worse through the day so Mommy had to come pick me up, Daddy rushed home, too. This is the sight he came home to...

"Heartbreaking" isn't it? So we head on down the street to Urgent Care and wait in the lobby for an hour. The doctor finally saw us and instead of just putting some eye drops in and sending us on our way, he got Mommy all flustered and suggested we drive up to the emergency room at Children's Hospital in St.Paul, just in case they need to operate?!? Thanks Doc! Can't wait to see what you charge me for that little pearl of medical insight. Anyhoo so Daddy drives like Britney and makes it up to ST.P in 10 minutes flat, the pediatrician saw me right away and confirmed that I got me a nasty case of the pink eye. I got a squirt of ointment to soothe the swelling, then we were on our merry way. Daddy was all giggles and smiles throughout the whole ordeal until he realized he'd been rubbing HIS eyes all night. Better get another tube of that ointment Mommy!

Here's how it looked after it was all over, note the purple hospital gown, styling even when I'm infected.



P.S. Tomorrow is Mommy's 30th birthday - you'd better call her because she's going to be home all day taking care of me instead of going to the huge surprise party Daddy and I were going to throw for her.