Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"A" is for Alexander Calder

I took Mommy and Daddy out to the Walker Sculpture Garden last weekend in an attempt to enrich their lives with a little culture. (I do what I can, but I can only do so much with these two!)

As we walked up to one piece, I told Mommy and Daddy, "Look! An Octopus!!"

Mommy replied in that all-too-familiar "mom" voice of hers and said, "OH, does that remind you of an octopus? Does it make you think of an octopus? Are there even eight legs? What else do you think it could be?"

*Sigh*

Then, to my absolute delight, Mom and Dad wandered over to the plaque by the scuplture to learn more about it. The look on their faces was priceless. Silly Mommy and Daddy, the piece is actually called Octopus. I totally get where Alexander Calder was coming from on this one:


Here are a few more pictures from our outing. Happy Spring everyone!