Saturday, September 17, 2011

September is flying by!

Mommy says she can't believe it is already the middle of September.  I know what she means - shouldn't we still be celebrating my birthday?

I've had some really great times in the last few weeks, so sit back, relax, and prepare for a recap.

**********************

Let's start with more about my birthday.  I'm a lucky kid.  Mommy and Daddy got me some really great gifts this year.  Cars, guitars, Squinkies, books, GI Joe stuff... best of all, I got a big remote control truck.  I've been asking for one of these for months now, and they finally came through for me.

Yessss!  A new hot wheels car!
Yeah, yeah, books... I'm already eyeing the other presents.
Hot Wheels Squnkies!
What could this be... 
Remote control car, Dude! 
Now I can play guitar with Dad!
Posing with my new favorite toy. 
What now?
YES!  G.I. JOE!   
Look at all of these small pieces, Mom!
After I opened my presents, it was time for cake.  My favorite color is yellow, and I was so happy that I had a "4" candle that was yellow!  I wished for more remote control cars.



After presents and cake, Mommy and Daddy took me shopping for new shoes.  The Puma store was having a sale, so we went in for a look and to my surprise we found fast red shoes with the Ferrari logo on them!  I was in love.  Check it out.



Here's me with the remote control truck out of the box.  It's huge and I love it!  It can really crash into things.  Daddy says I need practice steering it, but I think I do just fine.  Why steer around things when I can just run over them?!


One of my best gifts, from my Aunt Kate and Uncle Callin, was this bed tent.  Yes, bed tent.  Isn't this amazing?  I sleep in here every night with all of my stuffed animals and blankies.  I like to pretend that I'm roasting marshmallows.




Mommy and Daddy took the day off from work and I got to hang out with them all day!  We made our annual visit to the apple orchard.  I love driving these John Deere tractors, but they seem a lot smaller this year.  





After visiting the orchard, we drove into Stillwater to go to our favorite candy store.  I got a bright lollipop that matched my shoes.  


After Stillwater, we stopped at Ikea for a new lamp.  My favorite part about trips to Ikea is ICE CREAM!  Yum.  


After an exciting and extended birthday weekend, it was time to head back to school.  Now that it is fall and the school year is hear, I get to wear a uniform.  Here's me on my very first day.


Now, did you really think we were done celebrating my birthday?  We still haven't talked about my party with my friends!  There were ten of us and we had a blast!  Mommy had the party at our house this year, but I think we convinced her that we should do it somewhere else again next year.  Hehe.









The party was great.  I have some really great friends, especially my best bud Connor M.  We go to school together and we've been friends since we were two.  I'm tall for my age, but not compared to my buddy!

Now for some pictures from my trip into the city with Opa.  We checked out the new Cowles center and rode the lightrail together.








The weather turned cooler this past week, so I've had to make the switch from shorts to pants.  I have a newfound love of my sunglasses, and I've been wearing them to school every day.  


Phew.  My birthday is over, school is in session, and fall is almost here.  It'll be a busy time!  I'm in golf, swimming, and soccer.  I love being active!!  Here's me at my first soccer class this year.


I think we're all caught up now!  What a wild and crazy time September has been.  I can't believe I'm four already.  Love you all!