Sunday, April 17, 2011

D'luth

Earlier this month, Mom and Dad surprised me with a trip up north.  I love visiting Duluth -- the big ships! the bridge!  the toy store!  lighthouses!  gooseberry falls!  pizza train!

The big surprise of the trip was our hotel.  I was a little sad when Mommy and Daddy told me our hotel didn't have a pool, but all was forgiven when we drove up to this place:




It was the coolest thing - ten actual train cars, five on each side, still on the rails!  There was a hallway in the middle connecting all of the rooms, and a common roof overhead.  Here are a couple pictures from inside:




We went to Gooseberry Falls for the first time on this trip - it was beautiful and the sound of the water was so loud.  Overall, it was a great trip.  I love going to D'luth!