Sunday, August 8, 2010

North Shore Weekend

I took Mommy and Daddy up to Duluth for the weekend.  They'd never been there before, and I said, Guys, if we're going to call ourselves Minnesotans, we need to head up north at least once this summer!
We went to Tettegouche State Park for waterfalls and a bridge, then we saw the Split Rock Lighthouse, and we ended the day with a ride on the trolley and on the pizza train back in Duluth!

I had a blast going for my first hike.  I did a great job navigating the rocky terrain and helping Mommy and Daddy climb up the steep parts of the path.  The lighthouse was cool, and so was the trolley, not to mention the lift bridge and the big ships...  but riding the pizza train was my favorite.

First sighting of the waterfall!
Bravely walking over the bridge

I did all of these stairs by myself - no help!

Hiking with Daddy

Lighthouse

Family picture at the lighthouse

Lift bridge

Grumpy face (waiting for the train)

Our engine!  It looks fast!

On the train - are we moving yet?!

Post pizza, about to eat some M&Ms.  Life is good!