Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snow snow go away...and don't come back.

I don't know about you, dear Readers, but I'm sick and tired of winter. I've had enough.



At first, sure, it was fun. Snowpants and all that. But now? Just dirty snow and ice everywhere and I'm so OVER winter clothes and getting all bundled up every time I just want to step outside to play.

This weekend, I told Mommy and Daddy that we weren't going to let winter get us down or hold us back any more. We have been out and about all weekend and it's been a blast.

We started out yesterday at Edinborough Park in Edina. It was my first time there and I had a lot of fun! I was a little worried about Mommy and Daddy at first, because there were a ton of kids there and I didn't want Mom and Dad to think I'd lose them in the crowd, but eventually I got them calmed down and we all had a great time!

Our next stop was Wild Rumpus - a most excellent children's bookstore in Minneapolis. I picked up a new Richard Scarry and made Mom and Dad hang out in the back while I danced around to an awesome band that happened to be playing -- the Okee Dokee Brothers. My favorite part about this bookstore, besides the two cats and the lizard, was the CHICKEN they had. Yes, my friends, a live chicken was just wandering around the store, having a nice ol' time.

Later that day, we stopped in at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts for a little snack and to take in some art. I was thinking about my favorite movie, Cars, and as we walked along I was quoting a few lines from Mater. I kept saying "She just likes me for my body" the way Mater says it in the movie. Mom and Dad seemed embarrassed but I told them to lighten up.

This morning I woke Mommy and Daddy up early and we went to the Guthrie. I love walking out on the Endless Bridge. It was great to be outside looking forward to Spring. Mommy and Daddy promised me that this snow wouldn't stick around forever, and I'm counting on that.